Green tea has been around for quite some time now. It is the cannot-do-without-morning-beverage for fitness enthusiasts and the health conscious. So it is not surprising that most people know about its health benefits and rich antioxidant content. But how much do you know about the green tea beauty benefits? Researchers intent on unlocking the endless capabilities of this deceptively simple looking beverage continue to come up with amazing discoveries.
At The Net Yogi, Let’s take a look at the proven benefits of green tea that you should definitely know…
Benefits of green tea:
1) Get voluminous, lustrous hair
The antioxidants in green tea stimulate the growth of new hair. You will also be happy to discover that it is also an excellent solution for hair issues such as dandruff and hair loss. Here’s what you need to do:
- After your regular bath, simply rinse your hair with freshly brewed and cooled green tea.
- Let it stand for about 10 minutes before washing the hair.
- Repeat the process twice weekly for noticeable results.
2) For a rejuvenating bath
What if there is a way to make your bath even more revitalizing? Yes, green tea can do that as well.
To enhance the refreshing factor of a regular bath, all you have to do is:
- Add 8-10 teabags into your tub of warm water.
- Relax in the water for about 30 minutes while your skin soaks up the goodness of green tea, leaving your skin glowing.
- Enjoy the compliments that come your way!
3) Tone up your skin
Green tea is perhaps the best natural toner you can gift your skin. It helps unclog impurities from pores, hydrate the skin and diminish large pores so that your skin looks healthy and radiant.
- Brew a cup of green tea and let it cool.
- You may add a few drops of your favorite essential oil for a lingering fragrance.
- Transfer the solution into a spray bottle.
- Spray the concoction directly on your face to instantly perk up tired skin. Or use a cotton ball to apply the solution on the face.
This natural toner delightfully rejuvenates your skin and endows it with a fresh look.
4) Goodbye to pimples and acne
Green tea is rich in catechins that fight bacteria responsible for causing acne and pimples. Additionally, green tea also has an anti-inflammatory effect that helps the redness and soreness associated with acne.
Here’s how you can use green tea to declare war on those despicable pimples:
- Mix equal quantities of water and freshly brewed tea.
- Dip a cotton ball in the solution and apply gently on the affected spots.
- Wait for 10 minutes before rinsing it off.
- Repeat twice every day until there are no signs of acne.
This natural pimple fighter is mild and therefore suitable for use on all skin types.
Also Read: A glass of cow milk can do wonders!
5) Brighten up your complexion
A hectic day at work or a day out in the sun can leave your skin looking tired and dull. Here’s how to infuse life and radiance into your skin with the rejuvenating magic of green tea:
- Take 2 green tea bags. You may also go for used bags.
- Cut open the teabags and shake out the contents into a small bowl.
- Add a few drops of lemon juice and 1 teaspoon of honey.
- Mix it well and apply on the face and neck.
- Allow it to sit for about 10 minutes before rinsing with warm water.
- Repeat this face pack once a week.
In addition to brighter skin complexion, you will be pleased to note how this face mask helps enhance skin elasticity.
6) No more dark circles and puffy eyes
The rich content of antioxidants in green tea works like magic in reducing dark circles and puffy eyes. The scientific explanation is that antioxidants have the ability to shrink bloated cells in the delicate eye area, thereby bringing down puffiness. Green tea also contains Vitamin K that plays a crucial role in reducing the appearance of dark circles around the eyes. For bright eyes and zero dark circles, all you have to do is this:
- Take 2 green tea bags – used ones – and refrigerate it for half an hour.
- Now close your eyes and place these cold tea bags over your eyes.
- Relax and enjoy the cooling, soothing experience for 15 minutes.
- Repeat the routine daily.
Now that you have discovered the beauty benefits of green tea, pass on this exciting info to your besties as well! Stay healthy and glowing both outside and from within!
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!