An Aadhaar card holder can now apply for pan (e-PAN) online free of cost, thanks to a new facility launched by the Income Tax Department. The process is very simple and in this post, The Net Yogi will explain Step by step process on how to get an instant e-PAN using Aadhaar card.
But before you proceed here are some most important conditions that you must know about.
- First and foremost is that if you already have a PAN card issued in your name, you cannot apply for an instant e-PAN.
- This facility is free of cost and instant allotment of e-PAN is available only for a limited period on the first-come-first-serve basis for valid Aadhaar card holders
- The e-PAN is available only for resident individuals (except minors and others covered under Section 160 of Income Tax Act) and nor for HUF firms, Trusts and companies etc.
- You must have your Aadhaar number linked with an active mobile connection to receive the OTP.
- In case any of your details associated with your Aadhaar card – like your name, date of birth, gender, mobile number, and address in Aadhaar card number – are not accurate, you need to visit the UIDAI website to update these before applying for an e-PAN.
Here’s how you can get your instant e-PAN using your Aadhaar card (Apply for pan)
1. Go to Income Tax India website – https://www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/home
2. In the left-hand section, the Instant e-Pan link is there. Click it
3. You will be redirected to the terms and conditions page which we have stated earlier. Click “Apply instant e-PAN” button.
4. You will then see the Guideline page. Go through it and click Next
5. Now all you have to do ..
After the successful filing of e-PAN application, a 15-dight acknowledgment number will be generated and sent to the mobile number/email ID mentioned in the application form.
The instant PAN application status can track your PAN Card status through Check Instant e-PAN Status webpage.
A fresh PAN will be allotted on the basis of a one-time password (OTP) sent over the “active mobile number” linked with the valid Aadhaar number of a person. Once the PAN is allotted to an applicant through his electronic Aadhaar-based verification system in a few seconds, the applicant will be sent the PAN card by post, Fast right?
Do you have PAN card? If your friend is trying to get new PAN card then share this with them. Do leave your comment in the comment section.
*The deadline for the PAN-Aadhaar linking has been extended till March 31, 2019, by Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT). This is the fifth time that there is an extension in the deadline for individuals to link their PAN to their biometric ID.